Procrastination is the plague of most business owners working from home trying to hold themselves accountable.
Are you productive when you’re working behind your screen?
Or are you the type of person that avoids doing what you should be doing?
- find yourself saying I’ll do it tomorrow, then tomorrow becomes today and you find yourself repeating the pattern through the weeks, months and even years not achieving your goals?
- end up doing the household chores when you need to be taking action on your business?
- avoid planning out your day, because you have so much to do you’d rather just get “stuck-in”?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you are most likely a PROCRASTINATOR!
Probably not news to you but there is help at hand and it helps to understand what is going on…
- Procrastination is a habit, behaviour or pattern
- Underneath any habit, behaviour or pattern is a sabotaging belief
- Underneath any belief is your mindset
If you’re procrastinating in your working day, ask yourself why and get underneath the belief that’s holding you back.
More often than not its FEAR. Yep, that ol’ chesnut – FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL.
Need to beat your procrastination and grow your business? Ask yourself these questions next time you catch yourself doing procrastinating!
Here’s some questions to ask yourself so you can beat procrastination and grow your business.
- Am I wasting time right now? Scrolling without purpose anyone?!
- Do I really need to be doing this? If not, take it off your list!
- Is this helping me achieve my bigger goal? If not, take it off your list!
- What can I do to take one small step forward in getting this done today?
- Am I not doing this task because I don’t like doing it? If so, try and outsource it. If you’re watching the outgoings, approach someone to do a skills swap. Do you need to rethink and change your approach/strategy to the task? And look, can you really keep wasting your time and energy by not doing it, beating yourself up and not progressing your business in other areas? You’ve got a business to grow so if you don’t like the task, focus your energy on what you love to do and what brings you more joy.
- Ask yourself why you are wanting to do this task? Then write down responses to ‘so that’…and keep going until you get to the emotional connection why you’re growing your business.
- What do I need to do to get going again and move forward?
- What are the long term benefits of doing this task?